My people & fellow readers, I am participating in this bookish tag thanks to Alys in Bookland. It was originally introduced at Chelle’s Book Ramblings. Michelle said that she makes a little tweak on this tag that was created by Daniela in Prague.
Thank you Alys!
1) Where are you from, and what is your native language or languages?
I am Nigerian American. My native languages are English and Igbo.
2) In what languages do you read books?
I read books written in English.
3) Are there Book Blogs, Booktubers, Bookstagrammers in your native language and if so, what is the community like?
I have never watched a book blogger who narrated in Igbo, but I bet there are some. I only know of English speaking bloggers, youtubers, bookstagrammers etc.
4) If there is a Blogging Community in your native language, why did you decide to join the international one?
I prefer to cast a wider net so I don’t want to just experience Nigerian bloogers. I want to meet and hear about books from all over the world.
5) Are there any struggles or challenges for you as a non-native English speaker?
No. Since I live in Dallas, Texas, there aren’t any issues for me.
6) How do you get hold of English books?
Amazon, Audible, my local library etc
7) What is the best thing about being part of the international community?
I love communicating and talk to other readers from all over the world. I have head of books, authors and even music that I would have never even tried. I owe that to this community.
8) Do you follow or watch other international Booktube channels or Blogs?
I do follow book blogs because I want to see what the other readers are into. I’m not into following a booktube channels but I do want to try podcast next.
My 11 Nominations are:
Jonetta at Blue Mood Cafe
Lara at Naija Book Bae
Carla at Carla Loves to Read
Jennifer at Tar Heel Reader
Nickimags at Secret Library Book Blog
Sophie at Beware of the Reader
Melanie at Meltotheany
Nick at Book Bastion
Jessica at Jessica’s Reading Room
Susan at Susan loves Books
Zuky at Bookbum
If you were not tagged, and if you feel doing this, do so and tag me so I could read your answers too!
Thanks for reading! Have a wonderful day!